A thorough introduction on how to achieve the results you want from your communication activities through a straight-forward, systematic, step-by-step approach.
In five weekly modules
starts October 1 and ends October 29, 2015
Sign up begins May 6, 2015
The objective of ‘Strategic Communication Planning for Action and Change’ is to
take you through the process of analysis and planning step by step.
At the end of the course you have the full framework in place of
a systematic and effective communication strategy,
which will ensure that your communication activities can achieve the results you want.
Participants who have taken part in online EMPOWERHOUSE courses have said:
The topics we worked with in the on-line course are of paramount importance to me in my work, and presented in a clear, systematic and very useful way.
The ever present moderator online made me feel that there is someone listening on the other end.
The course was educative and I have already started to apply what we learnt. It works!
This course is bringing a good and strong message…it presents solutions – is a guide and a road map for getting where you want.
To me the most exciting was to be presented with the experiences from all over the world shared in this course – and the ongoing clarifications given by the trainer on any and all issues related to our course!
This 5-week and 5-module on-line training course is relevant for you, who:
- are responsible for communication in your organization, institute or company,
- are planning a strategic communication process with a focus on advocacy, social mobilization or simply a systematic communication-for-change process, and would like someone to guide you in that process – and get comments on your progress by other course participants,
- are studying communication and would like to add this practical knowledge and experience to your more theoretic background,
- would like to add strategic communication planning to your area of knowledge and experience in your work life – maybe getting in line for new types of jobs.
In all of these cases ‘Strategic Communication Planning for Action and Change’ will provide you with tools to analyse challenges and find solutions to them, one by one through a systematic and practical learning process where you gain insights, understanding and the tools to:
- Identify your communication objective based on an understanding of the context and environment in which you are operating,
- Map your core audiences,
- Define information needs of your audiences and the core messages to share,
- Identify the most important and effective communication channels – within your budget,
- Select appropriate programme formats and content,
- Include Advocacy, Social Mobilisation and Communication for Social Change;
Processes, products and events – as appropriate,
- Plan for an effective monitoring process, to meet your communication objectives.
With your own dedicated trainer and coach
The trainer of this course is Birgitte Jallov, the author of the manual ‘Strategic Communication Planning for Action and Change’.
People who have worked with Birgitte Jallov say:
“I warmly recommend Birgitte’s services. She brings with her a number of special and unique qualities as an adviser, coach and trainer: Her energy and enthusiasm – very empowering to all who work with her, not least because it is backed with years of valuable technical and organisational experience. We always knew that when Birgitte came, the work was in safe hands. Birgitte’s tremendous energy infused the project for months afterwards, inspiring everyone involved.”
Sarah Ransom, Programme Analyst, UNDP Lao PDR
“At the 2011 Ørecomm Festival Birgitte delivered a highly competent, energetic, inspiring, and very interesting presentation. It combined her long-standing and authoritative experience with the emerging agendas posed by the dynamic developments with internet and social media. I am glad to see Birgitte pull together her vast experience and putting it into her EMPOWERHOUSE initiative!”
Thomas Tufte, Professor, University of Roskilde, Denmark
For more testimonies and recommendations, look here
How is the course organized? What will I get?
Birgitte Jallov, will be your trainer and discussion moderator all through the 5-module course. Participation in ‘Strategic Communication Planning for Action and Change’ will provide you with:
- 5 well prepared modules including
- audio presentations on the many issues to deal with – a total of about 1 hour;
- models and tools to use when implementing the issues at hand;
- module by module you will get the relevant chapters from the manual: “Strategic Communication Planning for Action and Change”. In the end you will have the full manual;
- access to a moderated online forum, setting the stage – weekly – for questions and answers as well as debate between the participants to discuss the issues raised, and to mutually further exchange ideas, challenges, dreams and solutions. This forum is moderated by Birgitte Jallov.
BONUS: as part of the ongoing forum discussions you can present the communication plan you are developing step by step, and be coached by Birgitte. A final half-hour skype discussion for feed back upon conclusion of the course, based on an agenda developed by you, is another final bonus.
Courses will take place as agreed, where each of the 5 modules will be available for download weekly. You can download the audio presentations and stories, the chapters and the models referred to in the audio.
And in the process you get numerous concrete stories and examples from communication strategies developed in different contexts in different realities from different parts of the world.
Contact Birgitte Jallov at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the next course start!
Besides from this the training modules operate in English only and you will, of course, need to have access to the internet. As it is a digital course, you can download it at your convenience: when you have access.
Do you still have questions that are not answered you are welcome to write to your trainer, Birgitte Jallov, here: email@example.com