On-line courses are a highly cost-efficient way of providing in-depth training to a large number of participants, who can listen, carry out assignments, and discuss without having to leave their work place. EMPOWERHOUSE offers on-line courses “off the rack” as well as tailor made for the specific needs of customers. All EMPWERHOUSE on-line courses provide weekly lectures, work assignments, feed-back sessions and access to an on-line discussion forum, where participants can network and obtain guidance and coaching by their peers as well as the facilitator.
On-line course on ”Community voices….”
Establishing and sustaining an empowering community radio that promotes the rights of all groups, strengthens public accountability, and acts as a catalyst for local, community-driven development, is not a quick fix that can follow a simple blue print. At all stages of the development there are important traps – which can be avoided if the experience and lessons learned with community radios is drawn upon. This course builds on the EMPOWERHOUSE publication “Empowerment Radio – Voices Building Communities”.
The training course will enable participant to acquire the knowledge and skills required to
- Develop community ownership in and around the community radio through community mapping, mobilisation and organisation;
- Organise, structure and manage a participatory development and empowerment radio;
- Mobilise and organise community volunteer broadcasters,
- Identify the technical configuration you need and how to manage this in the community;
- Identify the important issues and priority themes in the community and develop skills to turn these into effective radio programmes,
- Address sustainability issues and develop partnerships with the relevant stakeholders.
- Local facilitators and mobilisers
- Community radio staff
- Community radio network staff
- Government officials responsible for national planning
- Donors and organisations who want to support empowerment
- Academics and students
875 US$ per participant (special group discounts can be agreed upon)
On-line course ”Strategic Communication”
“Strategic Communication Planning for Action and Change” provides a thorough introduction on how to achieve the results you want from your communication activities through a straight-forward, systematic, step-by-step approach. The course consists of five weekly modules, and includes audio presentations and visual models and tools, weekly assignments, and participation in a moderated on-line forum. The next course starts October 1 and ends October 29, 2015.
At the end of the course you have the full framework in place of a systematic and effective communication strategy, including
- Identification of your communication objective based on an understanding of the context and environment in which you are operating,
- Mapping your core audiences,
- Defining the information needs of your audiences and the core messages to share,
- Identifying the most important and effective communication channels – within your budget,
- Selecting appropriate programme formats and content;
- Incorporating appropriate and helpful advocacy, social mobilisation and communication for social change processes, products and events; and
- Planning for an effective monitoring process, to meet your communication objectives.
This course is highly relevant for everyone who
- is responsible for communication in your organization, institute or company,
- is planning a strategic communication process
- is studying communication and would like to add this practical knowledge and experience to a more theoretic background,
- would like to add strategic communication planning to her or his area of knowledge and experience and skills profile
Price: 650 US$ per participant (special group discounts can be agreed upon)
Tailor-made on-line courses
EMPOWERHOUSE can prepare tailor-made on-line courses for specific customer or participant requirements within its areas of expertise, including
- Media development
- Community Radio
- Strategic Communication
- Civil Society
- Women’s Rights and Gender
- Impact Assessment
- Community Radio Sustainability with a focus on financial sustainability
- Results-Based Management
Specific content, course elements, duration, complementary services (on-line forum, individual coaching and sparring, etc.) to be agreed on for each specific case.
Price per course or per participant to be agreed on.